[3830] 144FallSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 12:25:20 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2023

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 72  Mults = 29  Total Score = 2,088

Had my usual terrible noise on 2M. It's at is worst evenings making each sprint
an alligator experience, hi. I operated the first 45 minutes, frstrated by the
noise.  Then I  went outside to help a neighbor jump start their car. Wasn't
expecting rain and didn't see any indications while outside. I came back in at 8
and within minutes there was a huge flash of lightning and nearly immediate
thunderclap. Quickly disconnected and after 10 minutes or so only heard far away
rumbles. It was pouring rain here from about 8 - 9:15 PM. When I reattached the
antenna, I had s9 +10 rain static or discharge noise for the next 70 minutes or
so. I tried a few guys through the noise but mostly just waited for it to clear.
It was interesting to see who I could copy through the noise on 174.

Good to get on regardless. Hoping the 222 Sprint is a little less eventful. I
probably won't be on at the start as my team has an away meet but will get on as
soon as I get home. Hope CU on 222 then. Tnx to the sponsors and for the Q's.

Jeff K1TEO