[3830] TxQP DL3DXX(@DF0SAX) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP DL3DXX(@DF0SAX) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 09:24:50 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party - 2023

Call: DL3DXX
Operator(s): DL3DXX
Station: DF0SAX

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: JO61VE
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0
   80:    0
   10:    2
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  350     0       0  Mults = 157  Total Score = 164,850

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, what an activity! TQP kept me busy!
Like last year I decided to concentrate in TQP and skip the other parties. In
the stage of rising sun activity with solar disturbtions the northern lines are
often infected so I did not hear much from Washington nor Iowa.
Texas 40m activity was down compared to last year. Heard Europeans with Aurora
sound. 20m was very busy but signals were weak most of the time. 15m was the
best band with loud signals and long open up to midnight. 10m had a short
opening on Saturday around 15z for just 2 QSOs, nothing on Sunday.
With all the electronical resources - DX cluster, skimmer, reverse beacon
network, APRS information from several mobiles - two computer screens were not
enough to track all of these informations.
Mobile activity was fabulous and made the party a total success however with a
little glitch: In the middle of the QP I found out that I gave the wrong
exchange DX instead DL. What now? I decided to go on with it for the Saturday
part not to confuse stations worked a second time. In the Sunday part the
correct exchange was sent. I appologize for this mistake.
congrats to all stations and organizers of the party, especially to the mobiles
AD4EB, K5EC, K5PS, N5NA, W5CT just to name a few.
Dietmar DL3DXX