[3830] IaQP WI0WA/R(N0AC) SO Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IaQP WI0WA/R(N0AC) SO Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 01:06:12 +0000
                    Iowa QSO Party - 2023

Call: WI0WA/R
Operator(s): N0AC
Station: N0AC

Class: SO Portable LP
QTH: IA

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  836     0       0  Mults = 48  Total Score = 80,256

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My 1st thanks goes to my wife, Donna, for putting up with my radio hobby,
providing a nice picnic lunch at the Grundy County Lake in Dike and joining me
for a BBQ dinner in Luther.

The 2nd thanks goes to all those that got on the air to contact the stations in
the Iowa QSO Party. It wouldn't be fun without you.

The 3rd thanks goes to the Story County ARC for sponsoring the contest.

My friend W0BNW said "It's just for fun". And that is why I went out
to activate 15 different Iowa counties. The day started out very foggy and after
it lifted we were greeted by a gorgeous day. I planned five stops at county
lines. At stop #2 (about noon to 1pm) it seemed like we were having some sort of
solar disturbance. At the 3rd stop rates pick up but soon plummeted for the rest
of the day.

After stop #5 and arriving home I reconfigured my portable antenna in my
driveway for 80m planning on running out the clock. After a few CQs the radio
went dead never to recover. Bad smells from the rig filled the truck cab.
Obliviously I went QRT.

We had about 4 hours of radio time and 8 hours of driving/dinning time. Iowa is
beautiful this time of the year,

Bill, N0AC and Donna, XYL