[3830] WAE SSB N0GJW(@W3ACO) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, paige.harper96@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB N0GJW(@W3ACO) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 02:45:11 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N0GJW
Operator(s): N0GJW K0PZH
Station: W3ACO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: IA

   80:
   40:   12     5    24
   20:  112   126    58
   15:  389   400    84
   10:  108    87    42
-------------------------
Total: 1239  1236   208  Total Score = 257,295

Club: University of Iowa ARC

Comments:

Firstly thanks to W3ACO for use of his station.

This contest was a part time effort as school, Iowa football and weekend
socializing took priority. We thought 20m was going to be the best band but 15m
was where all the players hungout. 10m showed some life on Sunday morning where
we were able to get a good rate. This felt like a WAG (Work All Germany) as 70%
of our log was DL contacts. This was new to us as we have never done a contest
exchange with QTC before, but this structure was well appreciated and a breath
of fresh air from the 59 XX exchanges. Kudos to the EU stations who took our
QTCs, they were fast and efficient in their reception.

It was a little frustrating with the QRM created by the US stations who insisted
they wanted to work us even when we called CQ Europe, but that is a part of the
game.

C U in the next one,
73
Paige & Gawain