[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N1PRW Single Op-All Modes LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, as@shawsheen.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N1PRW Single Op-All Modes LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 18:44:23 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2023

Call: N1PRW
Operator(s): N1PRW
Station: N1PRW

Class: Single Op-All Modes LP
QTH: EMA

    6:  27     14
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  27     14  Total Score = 378

Yaesu FT-891 with aluminum dipole using FT8 in Peabody, Mass.

Home QTH directly hit by a microburst on Friday knocking down trees and power.
Electricity out Friday through Sunday night while tree and power crews from as
far as Quebec came to repair the damage.

I went to the New Hampshire air show on Saturday as originally planned, but the
storm damage wiped out my home VHF contest plans. On Sunday afternoon I brought
my FT-891, laptop, and gear to Peabody to operate the contest using 6m only.
This site has no real elevation but does have an unobstructed SW horizon and is
level to the NE allowing better reach into Maine and Atlantic Canada.

This has not been a good weather month for me. In August three feet of river
water flooded out my office and washed my server room and telecom gear out to
the Merrimack River and I've spent the past month rebuilding and relocating
instead of playing ham radio or doing anything else. A microburst wiping out my
home electricity for the whole contest weekend has just been the cherry on top.

Decent 6m tropo Sunday afternoon toward eastern Pennsylvania. A limited E
enhancement late Sunday brought Western Ontario.

Thanks for the QSOs.
73 Alexander N1PRW