[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N2JMH Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2jmh@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N2JMH Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 17:35:19 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2023

Call: N2JMH
Operator(s): N2JMH
Station: N2JMH

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: FN12bw

    6:  116    50
    2:  117    52
  222:   54    19
  432:   57    18
  903:   32    11
  1.2:   39    12
  2.3:   13     4
  3.4:   18     7
  5.7:   16     7
  10G:   17     5
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  479   185  Total Score = 170,940

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

Conditions were typical September, generally flat, unlike the last few weeks of
enhanced conditions. I can only imagine the excitement of those band openings
during a contest. 6 meters was a test of patience, lots of 1 and done. Copied a
few South America stations on Sunday and of course I got sucked into chasing
that like a bug to a light bulb. No SA stations worked!

The good: The RVHFG is continuing to promote getting on more bands. Loaner
equipment is available along with help with integration. Just ask if you need
help. Rovers rock, I know I say this all the time. I’ve done it at a high
level and it is hard work. These folks keep things interesting when it’s gets
dull. Major kudos to them.

The Bad: Missing the first 3 hours hurt my score some. I took a 3 hour break on
Sunday also. Balance of home life is essential, my wife is extremely supportive
of this contesting non sense so I choose my battles wisely. 2304 got water in
the feed line again, in June I was up the tower contest morning, not this time,
it was raining and I wasn’t feeling it so we suffered through high swr and
worked what we could.

Next: Moving 2304 and 3400 up on the tower before January contest. N1MM learning
and station integration with Green Heron must get completed. Encourage a few
more locals to get on the microwaves! Get the K1WHS 222 amp online and whatever
else I break before January.

The Fun: Random q’s on 10ghz rock, fyi, it is the new 6 meters right?

73 Jim n2jmh