[3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 04:33:37 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Brooksville FL

   80:   59       1
   40:  113     1.5
   20:  134     1.5
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: South East Sprint Coalition #1

Comments:

IC-7610, Acom 2000A
Spiderbeam at 42ft, rotatable dipole at 40ft, 80m 1/4L vertical

Somewhat difficult to find motivation - my father and I have been building my
home here in FL (literally - the permit is in my name) - so lots of very long
work days including today before the contest.

Started fantastic.  Got worried when I went to 40 and the band sounded absorbed,
but it seemed to get better later.  Then 80m was just brutal here - worse I ever
recall in a Sprint.  It just seemed badly absorbed.  I have to assume conditions
because nothing changed in the system.  My Circle RX was nuked by lightning over
the summer and I really missed not having it working.  Just super frustrating
after a great start.

I heard but missed RI, and I think maybe NV.

73, Dave N2NL