[3830] All Asian SSB K3EST(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk3est@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB K3EST(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 21:32:41 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST KK6PXT N6RO N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA

   80:   85    44
   40:  636   128
   20:  259    99
   15:  261    99
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1242   371  Total Score = 492,688

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The AA from the west coast is well defined. Both 20 and 15 open to Mid-east
about 01 to 02z; 15 to Far East from about 22z to close, 20 open OK to Far East
about 05z to 08z. Morning openings on 20 to SEA and Middle East on 15. 40 starts
about 07z to about 14z and 80 about 08 to the 12z hour. The bands are almost
closed from 1600 to 2200z.  It has been that way for a long time.
This year we were confronted with a several storms starting on Saturday and
lasting to early Sunday morning. We stuck with it thru thick and very thin and
ended up with our best score in several years. 10 was almost non-existent and 15
suffered from the storm on Saturday but recovered Sunday afternoon. Everyone was
on site. Lots of nice conversations between ops. Remote is a dumbing down of
social life. Our best score in many years!!
Thanks to Ken for hosting the party

160: N6RO, nothing heard!

80: N6RO, First night on 80 was productive despite horrible static crashes from
the storms in northern NV/OR.  Nil 0n 160 despite attempts to move
and an estimated 500 CQs. Second night started out ok, the Tstorm static was
tolerable. About 1040z the Russian radar/woodpecker came on S9 making the upper
JA window unusable, and it stayed on long after our sunrise.
Managed 4 QSOs on the edge of the radar at 3758, but little activity,
again nil on 160. I estimate I played F1 with no response about
3000 times over the weekend.

40: K3EST, first JA was at 0730z and then it was continuous Far East until 14z.
Both nights experienced the same opening. Good to Asia. Nothing heard in the
Middle-East.

20: KK6PXT and K3EST, the band was OK to Mideast 5B4AIF and A44A were loud.
First JA was at 0200 and as usual JA didn’t get going until about 0530z and
the was good until 08z. The morning1500z opening was good to SEA and then closed
to late Sat evening where it was good again to the Far East until 08z. Sunday
was good to SEA again and then almost totally closed until the end of the test.

15:  N6WM, Started the contest on 15m gangbusters Friday night putting 150 in
the log including A4 and 4L   Saturday was a bust with solar activity heavily
affecting the upper bands, basically endless CQ with very little to show for it.
Sunday was a different story starting at 2100 band opened up to Japan and
managed another solid 100 QSO’s in the last hours of the contest, and managed
to put 5B4AIF in the log earlier in the morning direct path. Overall numbers up
from last year no thanks to the sun, and local power line noise is approaching
untenable.

10: KK6PXT, 1 QSO JA3YBK even though CQing all the appropriate times. On Sunday
a VK called in saying that a pile-up of JAs was calling us, but nothing heard at
all from our end! Real one-way skip...we were beaming both direct and scatter
off VK.