[3830] TnQP AD4EB Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] TnQP AD4EB Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 15:57:57 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party - 2023

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: TN

  160:
   80:   223                   46
   40:   652                   54
   20:   454                   45
   15:    37                   11
   10:     4                    3
-----------------------------------
Total:  1370    0       0     159  Total Score = 666,290

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Score calculation including bonus points:

1370 CW QSO's x 3 pts/QSO = 4110 points

159 band-mults + 18 addl county mults (10 QSOs per county) = 177 total
multipliers

4110 points x 177 mults = 727,470 points

Bonus points: 25 counties activated, 500 points each = 12,500 points
3 QSO with K4TCG = 300 points

TOTAL SCORE = 727,470 + 12,500 + 300 = 740,270 points (claimed)

It was another terrific TN QSO Party again this year, all three of us (Don,
Melody, an Jim) had a great time. Everything went off without a hitch. We drove
thru 25 counties over the 376 mile route. This was our 11th time operating
mobile in the TNQP, and we ended up with our highest score ever.  Our previous
high score was 675K in 2020. Participation was down a little from the last few
years with 260 unique calls.  The best band was 40m, where signals were strong
all day.  We were moved to 10m by OM2VL and ended up working him twice, as well
as K4XU and K3IE.

As usual, Melody did a great job driving and keeping us in sync with our
estimated county line crossing times, right to the minute for many counties.
All the equipment worked flawlessly, and we were actively running the entire day
except to switch operators once.

The top 15 operators based on the number of QSOs were:

OM2VL (40)
N8II (38)
NW0M (32)
W1TO (32)
WB9HFK (29)
WN4AFP (29)
K4XU (27)
WF7T (25)
AF5J (24)
K9CW (24)
WA5SOG (24)
AA3R (23)
KA6BIM (23)
NS2N (23)
W5TM (18)

A huge congratulations to OM2VL for taking the top position, amazing performance
Laci!  Well done too Jeff N8II, you were super loud and your "II"
suffix was easy to pick out of the pileups.  The other DX station worked were
HA8IB (9), DL3IAC (9), SP5SA (4), LA8OM (3), F8PDR (2), G3YYD (1), F5NKX (1).

The pileups seemed tougher to manage this year. There were so many loud stations
calling us on our CQ frequency that it made it very hard for us to pick out any
calls, and then we often got stomped on sending our exchange.  Also, not having
many other mobile stations may have made our pileups even larger when we hit new
counties. But every pileup sure was a blast for us.

Thanks to everyone that worked us in the contest, and thanks to the TCG for
making this another great TNQP in the books.  And most of all, thanks to Melody
for driving us all over Tennessee.  Don and I really appreciate you.

73 - Jim AD4EB, Don N4ZZ, and Melody KI4HVY