[3830] All Asian SSB VU2XE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB VU2XE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 12:10:55 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VU2XE
Operator(s): VU2XE
Station: VU2XE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NITK

   20:  122    42
   15:  221    47
   10:  221    47
-------------------
Total:  564   134  Total Score = 293,728

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

This happened to be unplanned stop over contest for me during a short trip to
Mangalore. Much of the efforts have been put for NITK communications Hub since
last year. Some aspects like 75' Tower which was supposed to be standing high
and support aluminum yagi tribander and 40m band yagi antennas is still not
completed. My spiderbeam yagi was intact on refurbished antenna tower at 50'. It
was fixed to EU. During this visit, I had less than 24hrs to be at the location.
Some cables had to be tested and also my amplifier which gave issue during last
contests was to be tested as well. I did some CW and FT8 operation to check the
bands out of contest. Then decided to give a try for AA SSB for the rest of the
time till Sunday early morning.
I did not hear much on band on Saturday till afternoon. Then a good number of
stations started appearing. Surprisingly, 20m was not open till late evening as
well. Probably geomagnetic storm had washedout lower bands (K was above 5). I
operated till 1AM midnight and called a day. Sunday morning starting 6:30 AM, I
did not find any stations once again. Anyways, I had to windup and leave. So
closed my ops with 564 Qs in the kitty! I was happy with the efforts. As each
time I visit NITK, I get some energy from students around. Explaining how things
works and providing them guidance etc. gives some sense of satisfaction as
well.

Hope by CQWW SSB 75feet tower and new tribanders gets ready.
Thank you all for joining on air and making this AA contest fun! See you agn.
Kiran VU2XE