[3830] CWOpen NN5O HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn5olarry@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen NN5O HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 00:22:22 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 2000Z-2359Z

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 2:30

   40:  45     42
   20:  31     31
Total:  76     73  Total Score = 5,548

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Very short time to operate this session.

Most of you know that my wife has early stage dementia.  She will need me for
some reason, then in 15 minutes, won't remember what she needed or why she
called me.  So, in Session 2 this morning, she just needed me to sit with her
and hold her hand.  I was very glad to do so.  Radio is nowhere nearly as
important as taking care of my wife with whom I began a long love life when she
was in 6th grade and I was in 9th.  We spent lots of days and nights sitting on
the same pew in church.  What a good start!  So, I recall vividly the vows I
made when we got married in 1971...and those vows were commitments for life!
So, now that I'm 75 and she's 72, I still keep my promises.

So, I had just a couple of hours to run out to the garage shack and make a few
Qs.  Thanks to each who dug out my signal.  I truly appreciate it.

Best wishes to one and all for terrific success in your next contest(s).

Major kudos to my partners on Deep Dixie CC Team Elvis!  What a great bunch of
fabulous guys!

73,

Dr. Larry S. Anderson  NN5O
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of King Elvis!)

Flex 6600M into Ameritron AL-800H
Quasi-horizontal loop barely hanging on at average of 30'