[3830] CWOpen SJ6R(RM2D) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen SJ6R(RM2D) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 14:40:12 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 1200Z-1559Z

Call: SJ6R
Operator(s): RM2D
Station: SK6KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Kungalv
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5
Remote Operation

   40:  14      6
   20:  54     51
   15:  15     10
   10:   2      2
-------------------
Total:  85     69  Total Score = 5,865

Yes, K-index was terrible, but despite that, activity was EXTREMELY poor in this
session. As always when conditions are a bit challenged, NA play their own game
and EU dreams that activity on this side of the pond was half as good as in NA.

With Low Power and small pistol antennas, I was run over over by three NA
stations starting to call CQ, and only working NA stations. Can not understand
how that can happen. All stations are using cluster more or less I would assume.
If using an RBN feed, to jump on a small pistol station would be virtually
impossible... Or they simply did not care, as the flow of NA callers was good
anyway.

As said so many time, CWOps activities (CWT and CWO) need to be revised in terms
of points or some other method to stimulate transcontinental contacts...
Otherwise CWOps will remain as a separated club with competitions within
competitions... The discussion maybe needs to be re-started about a true
European CW Operators club...

I will not even bother for session three. This was way too sleepy slow exercise.
I never remember CWO as poor as this year, not even during sunspot minimum.

73 de Mats RM2D