[3830] OhQP N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, HARTLEY145@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] OhQP N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 18:13:08 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party - 2023

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 10:30

  160:    7      0
   80:   46     25
   40:   81     95
   20:    5      2
   15:    1      0
   10:
--------------------
Total:  140    122  CW Mults = 61  Ph Mults = 59  Total Score = 48,240

I was trying to work both KSQP and OQP Saturday. The way it looks, I could have
eased off the OH accelerator and hit KSQP harder. Mid afternoon most OH ops
seemed to be on 20 including the mobiles and there was only scatter prop from
here. The loudest OH op on 20 CW peaking S7 never heard me. Kudos to Bob, KW8N
who has apparently low noise and a contesters ear for hearing me on 20 SSB among
other callers and also hearing me on 15 CW for my only OH Q there. We made 6
QSO's, the highest for a fixed station. Congrats on the amazing score Bob! I
knew I was missing some Q's mid afternoon Saturday working HI and KS, but
guessing not a huge number. Starting 1945Z I decided I had better make KS a low
priority as I had heard K7SV working OH and knew he was capable of a big score.
So, I kept operating until the bitter end with a couple of short evening breaks
besides 2 meal breaks. 10AM (KS start) until midnight makes for a long day!
After midnight I found a few HI stations before heading off to bed.

I have to congratulate all 3 mobiles for excellent operating. Many thanks to
Dan, W8CAR operating K8O, Don, K8MFO (heard from beginning until near the end)
and especially Jim, K8MR who gave me the most Q's/mults and even moved for a few
SSB mults. Thanks also to K8RYU/R. My only mobile complaint is somewhat
abandoning 40 for 20 when 20 was more active.

In general the level of operating was far superior to an average QP, great job
OH ops! As usual with 40 becoming the new 75M because of high solar activity,
the 75M phone activity was disappointing. I hit a sweet spot in activity on 3825
and ran about 10 stations or score would have even been worse. 40M activity
definitely favored SSB. By the time conditions were at their best on 40 after
21Z, most of what was available was already in my log. Around 23Z, 40 phone
activity dropped significantly. I was happy with my QSO totals on 160 and 80 CW
and 40 phone.

Many thanks for the calls and QSO's, and to the long duration mobiles. I is hard
to quit when they are still around.

73, Jeff