[3830] HiQP AH7RF SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, heather.flew@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] HiQP AH7RF SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 06:30:26 +0000
                    Hawaii QSO Party - 2023

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:

   40:    4
   10:    1
-----------------------------------
Total:   97     0       0      1  Total Score = 7,125

Hello from Big Island!

Limited operating time, because I'm recovering from being sick.  Operating from
either KOH or KON districts, because Lloyd KH6LC had a great idea for me to be a
rover!

I operated about 5 hours from various beach parks, and 3 hours (sporadically)
from home. I used my KX2 and an endfed.  Quite a nice relaxing way to spend a
weekend, to sit under trees, on a beach, with a radio in my lap. I opted to be
at the parks either early in the morning, when it was cool, or in the early
evening before they closed (grayline!)

When I was in the KON district, I was operating from Kiholo Reserve State Park
(K-6420). I had most of my contacts there, and the highlight was working my
friend Dan WB5YUZ in Texas - we've been trying to make a contact for a while
now!

When I was in the KOH district, I was either operating from home (endfed near
the house, kind of suboptimal location, inverter noise), or from Hapuna Beach
(K-6403), or from Pu'ukohola Heiau (K-8055). The highlight from KOH was working
Germany for the first time, thanks DL3DXX!

I tried to work many of the Hawaii stations twice (each district), but it wasn't
always possible (maybe if I operated at different times). I also would run near
a Hawaii station, hoping that if I didn't get spotted, maybe someone would
notice me on their waterfall and work me. I think this worked!

I wasn't sure how to enter the score, so I just combined the 2 scores from N1MM
for each district.

I had a lot of fun! I worked a number of new states, and a new country. I worked
many friends from CW Academy, the CWTs, SOTAs and POTAs, and lots of my friends
from Hawaii and around the world. Thanks very much for the contacts!

Aloha and 72

Heather
AH7RF