[3830] WWDigi K6OK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ok@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WWDigi K6OK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 01:22:43 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2023

Call: K6OK
Operator(s): K6OK
Station: K6OK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CM98

  160:   16     9
   80:   26    12
   40:  128    44
   20:  128    44
   15:  211    45
   10:   62    21
-------------------
Total:  571   175  Total Score = 287,700

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This year I decided to maximize chasing multipliers over QSO count. I ended up
with a 3% higher score with 10% fewer QSOs. Mults went up from 152 to 175. If
you think about the rules WW DIGI is really a grid collection contest, so I used
the clusters and HamAlert to help find unworked grids on each band. I had fun
chasing them!

There are multiple FT decoders to choose from. For this one I chose
WSJT_Improved by DG2YCB because it supports two features that are important to
me in WW DIGI, namely band activity filtering and row colors to display new
grids and dupes.

SO1R, 500 watts, tribander, 2 el on 40m, 80m dipole and 160m inv L.  Supersized
K6SE RX loops.  Thanks for the contacts and see you in the next digi contest!