[3830] WWDigi WA7BNM SOSB15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi WA7BNM SOSB15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 21:22:30 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2023

Call: WA7BNM
Operator(s): WA7BNM
Station: WA7BNM

Class: SOSB15 LP
QTH: S.Calif

   15:  305    65
Total:  305    65  Total Score = 55,250

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

Tried to install WSJT-X 2.7.0 RC2 before the contest in order to take advantage
of some of its new contesting features, but could never get it to work - crashes
immediately after launch. So, used 2.6.1, with no other logging software. Mainly
CQed to avoid keeping track of dupes, but S&P for new mults. Configured it
for contesting when operating on the recommended contest frequencies and for
non-contest (exchange signal reports) when operating in the non-contest area.
This worked out pretty well, although I gave up CQing in the non-contest area
after receiving too many responses from those who hadn't configured their
software to provide their grid square.

I've operated in the SOSB20 LP category for the past four years, but thought I'd
give SOSB15 a try this year, since I guessed its useful hours better matched my
need for sleep. Got up early so I could start on time, but never saw/decoded a
signal until 1235Z, with my first QSO at 1254Z. Overall, I'm pleased with the
results and surprised at some of the mults I worked. Ever so, missed out on
several mults because I could never complete the QSO.

Average: 2.8 points/QSO.

Rig: Icom IC-7610 100 watts
Antenna: SteppIR DB-36 at 70 ft

First QSO: 1254Z