[3830] OhQP AA8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mtindor@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP AA8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 13:14:29 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party - 2023

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN90LN
Operating Time (hrs): 6:13

  160:    0      0
   80:   76     27
   40:  102     33
   20:    0      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  178     60  CW Mults = 72  Ph Mults = 39  Total Score = 46,176

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Woke up at 5:00 AM and had to work til 10:00 on some semi-critical work stuff.
Off to a bad start for the day.  Not enough sleep, too much screen time before.
Started at noon, ended around 2 PM and went up to eat and nap.  Fast forward to
waking up from nap at 6 PM.  Then played til a little after 10 PM.  So,
basically half of an effort.  Not happy about that but it is what it is.

Worked / logged a few dupes.

Mediocre setup here with an 80-10 EFHW in a lopsided inverted-V configuration
with transformer end about 7' from ground and the other end about 10 ft off the
ground with an off-center apex of about 50'.   Surrounded by a 100 ft shale wall
from East to South, and a 50+ foot tall forest of trees in all other directions.
  Antenna is at about the lowest location on the prop.  Hard to get excited
about working any contest/QP.

Only worked 80/40 since the EFHW performs like mud on the other bands,
especially with its current config.

Bellyaching aside, I had fun.  I always enjoy working the familiar calls,
especially of the out-of-staters and DX.  Wish I would have had more
ambition/stamina.  Hope to play in the TnQP next week.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs.

Mike / AA8IA