[3830] NAQP SSB ND8DX M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB ND8DX M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 23:47:35 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: ND8DX
Operator(s): WB8YHD KD8VMS KD8OPT KE8YMU KE8YJX ND8DX
Station: ND8DX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: OH

  160:   26    15
   80:  133    39
   40:  852    60
   20:  349    45
   15:   11    11
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1371   169  Total Score = 231,699

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This was pretty much a training exercise for a Father, Daughter, and Son-in-Law
that I had met two years ago at the local club's Field Day and another young
couple, Licensed less than 6 months, met at FD this year, whom I watched get
"HOOKED" on Contesting in one day, just as I did, way back in a day,
during FD with PARC in San Diego. Said to myself, I see potential in each one,
young, enthusiastic, and driven. Time to do what was done for me by my two
"Contest Elmers" back then so I invited them over to play. I am happy
I did and I have to say, despite being down one station for 3 hours, and their
level of experience, the "Kids" far exceeded the score I anticipated
we would end up with and a gud time was had by all. But most important, they all
learned a bit, began refining their operating techniques, and grew in confidence
in themselves and their operating abilities. Icing on the cake, they got hooked
even deeper and we all know we need New Blood in this game we play. Looking
forward to having them over again and watching them continue to improve. Oh and
sorry, I  know everybody is used to "ED" but with two YL's just didn't
see that working out hence Pat.....