[3830] NAQP SSB K0EU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K0EU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 19:30:55 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 10
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   11     8
   80:  183    46
   40:  298    53
   20:  522    55
   15:   35    23
   10:    7     7
-------------------
Total: 1056   192  Total Score = 202,752

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMCC Nuggets

Comments:

This was my second best effort in this contest to date.

Not much on 10 meters, although I managed to move a few people there and was
pleasantly surprised we could hear each other. Most 10M mults were from the many
Carribean stations that were QRV. I chose to start out running on 20M as 15M
didn't appear to be very densely populated. Not running on 15M probably cost me
some multipliers but I'll never know if I made the right decision.

20, 40, and 80 were all productive although 40 didn't produce as many Q's as in
years past. Despite rain static and T-storm QRN I was able to pull most signals
out on 80. 160 was open to the midwest, but there wasn't much activity. Tried
moving stations from 80 to 160 for additional mults, but almost everyone said
"Sorry, no antenna for 160."

Nice to work a bunch of new callsigns and also younger hams in this one. Great
turnout from the local club GMCC which fielded 4 full teams. Thank you K0UK for
organizing that.

73 Randy/Ken K0EU