[3830] SARTG KG4IGC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG KG4IGC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 15:19:27 +0000
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 11:50

   80:    2    25     3
   40:   21   220    15
   20:   86  1085    44
   15:   46   630    30
   10:    1    15     1
-------------------------
Total:  156  1975    93  Total Score = 183,675

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

First strech of the contest was a bit slow, band conditions were fair on 20
meters to EU

40 Meters

80 meters was a complete bust for me, did manage on EU contact with  in Italy.

Saturday 12:00

Started out on 15 meters, band is weak on recieve to EU but workable. Most
staions answer after one or two calls. Only a handful of stations visible on the
waterfall. As of 1639 I have managed to work SV3AEL in Greece, GW5NF & GW0A
(Wales)LZ6K and LZ8E (Bulgaria), & F4DSK (France) using my E/W oriented
Super Loop.
 10 meters dead with exception of FT8 and they appear weak on the waterfall.
When is 10 going to open 24/7???

Hearing a few stateside stations and some EU IZ1PK (Italy) OZ11A (Denmark) N/S
oriented Super Loop

Switched to Hex beam @ 20 feet pointed NNE 1706 more stations popped out of the
waterfall worked PD2PKM (Netherlands) with conciderable QSB. Didn't have much
luck with this antenna, actually brought in more QRN. Switched over to
Horizontal loop and had a short run of stateside stations mainly concentrated in
the mid-west.Worked fellow SFCG member K7OM Ted who was extremely loud as usual.
(Ted lives right down the road from me.)

1743 Moved to 15 meters, worked ON5GQ (Belgium) tried running and managed to
pull out a couple of other EU stations (France, Netherlands, Germany) but the
band is weak. 10 meters still dead.

1838 20 meters weak band, mix of stateside and EU but extremely hard to work on
any antenna.Trying to run a little while as there are no new stations to work.
Things started to pick up around 1930 0n 20, more atlantic coast EU with a mix
of a few east coast stateside stations. Worked OH2PM (Finland)@ 1952.

Quick check of 10 meters yeilded a Q with LU5OM in Argentina @ 2039, no ther
stations present on the waterfall though.15 meters also had a small opening to
South America, worked PT8DX (Brazil) @ 2048.

Sunday AM

40 closed

20 open to EU but band still weak with lots of QSB & QRN on all antennas.
Worked PA7LV (Netherlands) EA7GE (Spain) G0FGI (England)all on my Hex antenna
and then the band went downhill. lots of EU out there but the QSB make is nearly
impossible to decode and work. Worked NJ4P at 0922, saw only one or two other
stateside stations. Heard HB9DOS (Switzerland) calling at 1000 with a 4X4
signal. Gave him a shout and he called QRZ QRZ; he must have been turning his
bean or something because when he came back to me he wa an easy 5X9.Hoping
greyline will bring in better signals. Worked LY2J (Lithuania) @ 1118, EU
starting to come in with more stations but still major QSB.

 Worked JA2AXB @1125 with my E/W oriented Super loop. Took three attempts, he
did here me but my signal was obviously very weak. One thing I love about JA
stations, they are very patient and will work you if they hear you. Checked 15
& 40 and they are still closed. K7OM called JA2AXB about 5 minutes after me
and about blew my eardrums out with his huge signal hihi.

15 meters finally opened at 1145, worked OH2HAN in Finland and OZ11A in Denmark.
Tried running but no luck, band keeps fading in and out. Using my E/W Super
Loop. Kind of wierd how I can work a station doing S&P with one or two calls
but can't get anyone to answer my calls if I try to run. 9A30T (Croatia) had a
decent 5X3 signal, logged him @ 1210; picked up 9A2ZI a few minutes later.Worked
8S80AA (Sweden)@ 1234, sigs were 4x4 with severe QSB. Picked up 5B4AMM Cyprus
with a 5X6 signal @ 1239.Heard South America at 1246, worked YV4ABR in Venezuela
fairly easy. Had a slow but steady run for a little while, mix of stations
stateside, Canada, and mostly North/West coast countries in EU on 15 meters.
Things really slowed down around 1500 so finished out with OA4DOS (Peru). this
leg of the contest ends at 1600 so decided to bail out since I cannot find
anyone new to work. Overall I enjoyed myself despite the slow pace of the
contest. I kinda feel that if we had better band conditions that it would have
been alot more exciting to work base on some of the scores that I see on the
online scoreboard. TNX to all who worked me and hope to see you next time!