[3830] MDC QP K3PAX(@WA3EKL) Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alanbhof@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MDC QP K3PAX(@WA3EKL) Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 21:52:25 +0000
                    Maryland/DC QSO Party - 2023

Call: K3PAX
Operator(s): WA3EKL N9SG KB3VQC K6ZO WV8BNM N3DPB
Station: WA3EKL

Class: Club HP
QTH: SEVERN, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 9:48

  160:
   80:   1      53
   40:   1     174
   20:         287
   15:          11
   10:
    6:                  1
----------------------------
Total:   1     528      1  Mults = 69  Total Score = 36,482

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was a fun MD QSO Party despite the very bad conditions.  20 meters was our
most productive band with the least amount of noise.  Our 20 meter op during the
day did a great job of running stations and the evening op picked up where he
left off.  40 was noisy the entire contest from this QTH as was 80.  Latter in
the evening the static crashes were very difficult to pull stations out of.

This was the shake down test for two new /used computers which replaced two of
our very old core two duo desktops.  They were exact replacements for two
computers we already had running which have been impervious to RF in the radio
room.  The computer on the 20 meter station worked perfect the computer on the
other station one did not.  There will be a laughable story posted about that
one in the PVRC Reflector soon I hope.

No excuses but the computer issues and bad conditions plus nobody wanting to
answer our CQ's for the MD QSO Party on CW, most likely due to WAE, led to our
score being 2.5 times less than last year's score.  We had enough people that
the CW ops got so frustrated they went outside and assembled a barbecue grill
for me that I received from my family on father's day.  Needless to say the food
was excellent as always and we all still has a great time.

We greatly thank the Anna Arundel Radio Club for hosting such a great fun party.

We thank all those stations for your patience during the static crashes and
noise plus all the others who came back to us.

73 from our crew,
WA3EKL N9SG KB3VQC K6ZO WV8BNM N3DPB