[3830] IOTA VE7JH(@VE7UF) SO24CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA VE7JH(@VE7UF) SO24CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 23:00:57 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2023

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SO24CW HP
QTH: NA-036

   80:    5       1
   40:   94      15
   20:  291      57
   15:  197      25
   10:    0       0
Total:  587      98       0        0  Total Score = 473,830

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

VE7UF graciously let me use his station to allow me to hunt down some new-to-me
IOTAs.
Unfortunately mother nature was not with me this time. Ol' Sol did its thing and
there was virtually no path to Europe from VE7-land on Saturday. Sunday things
got a bit better, but I eventually only managed to log a mere 114 QSOs (out of
587 total) with zones 14, 15, 16 and 40. That's 20% EU and we all know that the
IOTA contest is a European thing. Thanks to all who copied my signal through the
Aurora! The ribbon goes to OM2VL, my only 40m EU contact (There were 48 on 20m
and 65 on 15m).
Luckily there was a large number of US and Canadian stations jumping in for a
few QSOs to keep CQ-ing stations busy and JA/BY/YB were quite well represented
as well with many in the log on three bands.
Managed to work a few new ones, big thanks to 7D5X, B2/BY1AA, IP1X, MC5A, PR6T,
SK3T, SM7/OZ5BAL, TM5K and VB2M.
Looks like I was the only "serious" NA-036 (I worked two others but
with low serial #s) on the air.
Hope to see you all again in 2024!