[3830] CQWW VHF AJ6T SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aj6t@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF AJ6T SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 03:01:42 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2023

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EM66
Operating Time (hrs): 12:23
OpMode: SO2R

    6:   81    49
    2:   44    28
-------------------
Total:  125    77  Total Score = 13,013

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

The lack of propagation on 6 meters made this a tough contest.  It took a lot of
perseverance to stick with it and catch the bits of Es that did occur.  I was
lucky enough to catch one California grid on 6 meters.  On the other hand, 2
meters was fairly good with easy QSOs out to 400 miles.  I checked for SSB
activity but found none, so all of my contacts were either FT8 or MSK144. I
stayed away from the internet chat sites that are the staple of activity now in
the ARRL VHF contests since the CQ rules do not allow self spotting (except
oddly for EME and Meteor Scatter).  The CQ rules for QSO assistance are poorly
written and confusing, and it appears many operators were not aware of the CQ
restrictions.

6m: K3s+KPA1500+80m OCFD
2m: FT857D+TE1450G+9el LFA Yagi@25'

 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grid  Pt/Q
    50  FT8     79      79   47   1.0
    50  MSK1     2       2    2   1.0
   144  FT8     43      86   27   2.0
   144  MSK1     1       2    1   2.0
 Total  Both   125     169   77   1.4
Score: 13,013
1 Mult = 1.6 Q's

Looking forward to the 222 MHz and Up contest next month.
73, Walt, AJ6T, EM66