[3830] CQWW VHF W9KXI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aoldfiel@stny.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W9KXI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 21:31:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2023

Call: W9KXI
Operator(s): W9KXI
Station: W9KXI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

    6:   99    50
    2:   30    17
-------------------
Total:  129    67  Total Score = 10,653

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions, here in the rural Upstate valley of FN12ne, were...not good.  It was
apparent to me, from very early on, that this was going to be a digital contest.

2M was not good.  Even tho' the 2M beam needs to be replaced, as the the boom
"droops" both front to back and R to Left,  East, SE and SW are
normally "pretty good" to "passable" for me.  Whenever I
went to 2M SSB there was...no one there to answer my CQ's, so I went to FT8.  On
6M, the waterfall was showing me nothing on SSB, so I stuck to digital.  I kept
looking for an opening but that never happened.  All too many times stations
were decoded...twice and...they were gone.  Gone!

Kudos to the Rovers.  I'm sure that this contest was frustrating to hem as
well.

I'll look for ya in August!
Al - W9KXI