[3830] CQWW VHF KO9A SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimkb3aft@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KO9A SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 04:45:01 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2023

Call: KO9A
Operator(s): KO9A
Station: KO9A

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN52xc
Operating Time (hrs): 22
OpMode: SO2R

    6:  151    64
    2:   81    33
-------------------
Total:  232    97  Total Score = 30,361

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Typical CQWW VHF grind-fest here:

6m:  Worst totals over the past 5 years.  It felt lucky to get the Es we did.
Best openings were W & SW, with some sporadic shots around the compass.  A
few interesting mults were able to sneak in throughout the weekend on extremely
short 1-2 minute bubbles of prop.

2m:  Best totals here over the past 5 years.  No crazy Es or long tropo paths
worked this year, just a pretty solid ~300mi radius with pretty good activity to
take advantage of the conditions.

I messed around on meteors Sunday AM, curious if any of the big guns could be
worked QRP.  I gave up on that after 15-20 minutes.  Meteors seemed good to
great, I just couldn't leverage.  I'd be curious of any reports if anyone
actually decoded me on MSK.

Rovers were the star of the show as Chicagoland was in range of at least five
active rovers (AC0RA, KG9OV, K9JK, N9GH, W9YOY).  A two-band sweep of Wyatt's
stops was very cool and unexpected.  Many QSOs across lots of band/grid combos
were provided by all the rovers.  Thank you for braving the sun!

Thanks everyone for the QSOs and the literal effort to pull out this weak one!

73

Jim KO9A