[3830] CQWW VHF WA3EKL Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alanbhhof@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF WA3EKL Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 22:19:44 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2023

Call: WA3EKL
Operator(s): WA3EKL WT3K KB3VQC N3DPB
Station: WA3EKL

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Severn, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 15:17

    6:  107    35
    2:   64    29
-------------------
Total:  171    64  Total Score = 15,040

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I am sure those on the mountain tops with multiple element yagis and full power
amps did well.  As for the rest of us we did the best we could with what we had
to work with.

Two meters started out great, out performing 6 meters 2 to 1 or better in Q's
and grids for the first 7 hours then Six meter started to catch up because we
began running out of contacts on two.  Six finally caught up around 0500z  then
both bands went totally void of contacts at 0600z when NAQP ended.  After a
little sleep we resumed operation around 1200z and 6 meters took off and two
never just couldn't catch it.  However as the day moved on the activity
anticipated for Sunday simply was not there.  Propagation was poor on both bands
with two meters only getting us from CT to SC and out to OH with our omni
directional array. Although what we could hear we could work.  Six did better
with the full East coast covered and one half of the US covered Westward with
some West coast stations.

All the equipment worked fine and we all had a great time as usual.  We would
have liked to work more people but they just weren't there.  The activity
appeared very low this contest.  One of my ops Sunday afternoon asked "what
sports event is playing on the tv today?"

The food was excellent as always.  We thank all those who came back to us.

73 from our micro crew.  WA3EKL WT3K KB3VQC N3DPB