[3830] NAQP RTTY N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 19:48:40 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Clarksville TN
Operating Time (hrs): 7.3

   80:   53    25
   40:  156    40
   20:   78    34
   15:   24    13
Total:  311   112  Total Score = 34,832

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG Rockers

Comments:

Got off to a very slow start. Was on the air at the shotgun start, but 45
minutes in, my computer decided to shut down without warning while I was TXing
CQ contest. Upon booting all up again, I discovered very quickly that the K3S TX
was latched up in TX mode when I powered the rig back on. Several attempts to
re-re-re-boot the system... failed. XYL said lets go pick some Blueberries at a
local farm down the road. So I shut everything down, unplugged all the data
cables and went picking blueberries the rest of the afternoon, and then ran some
errands with my wife. Back home, plugged everything back in, brought up the
computer first and let it normalize, then turned on the power supply and K3S, so
far so good. Then launched N1MM, and all was good again. Still scratching my
head today!
As for band conditions here. 10m was a no show. Not a lot of activity on 15m,
with rough conditions for a single vertical antenna. 20m was better, and 40m was
the work horse where Qs were easy and band was populated nicely. Late in the
evening I was able to put together a string of runs on between 40 and 80 netting
120 Qs in 108 minutes. But then it dried up after that and S&Pd the rest of
the night. Not sure if it was conditions, but activity seemed down compared to
past years. I have many 4 band Qs with the same ops.
Hopefully conditions will be better, with more activity for next months CW and
SSB NAQP.

73 es thanks for the Qs!

Gene N9TF
K3S 100 watts to 6BTV ground mounted.