[3830] NAQP RTTY K7RL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K7RL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 17:17:04 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 1
OpMode: 2BSIQ

   80:   83    36
   40:  213    51
   20:  324    54
   15:  274    46
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  894   187  Total Score = 167,178

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team Elvis

Comments:

First impression during the contest is it felt like conditions and/or
participation might be down. Although, an 18% increase in my score over last
year begs to differ. A big key was low QRN levels on 40m and 80m. Once the sun
finally went down about two hours before the end of the contest, most ops seemed
to have no trouble hearing me. Speaking of the sun setting, kudos to KH6CJJ,
KH6ZM, KL2R, and KL7SB for braving July conditions and handing out those
valuable multipliers.

Like many contests this summer, 10m was a typical no-show. So why didn't I QSY a
WA and BC station instead of posting a giant zero (my QTH is about 60 miles
south of the Canadian border)? You ask an excellent question. Maybe it's because
I just can’t shake what a shame it is to waste a high SFI on summer
conditions. I'm sticking with that answer.

Super cool to work my fellow DDCC Team Elvis team mates, including many CWT and
WWDXC guys – what an outstanding group of operators. Very fortunate to be a
part of these amazing clubs.

Thanks to NP3Y and AC0C for the online scoreboard horse race. And a special
thanks to NN5O for organizing our team.

73, Mitch, K7RL