[3830] IARU OM7K(OM7RU) SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU OM7K(OM7RU) SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 18:40:28 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: OM7K
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    28    0      17       3
   80:   115    0      16       7
   40:   260    0      23      21
   20:   532    0      31      29
   15:   270    0      29      25
   10:    82    0      18      14
-------------------------------------
Total:  1287    0     134      99  Total Score = 942,019

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

It was fine Low Power operating two years ago, so I decided to leave PAs off
also this year. In addition, hamshack stayed relatively cold the whole time,
hi.

Conditions were quite fine, 20m opened all the time, NA stations palyed almost
non-stop. Also 15m produced good mults number. 10m from time to time. There was
no problem to run nice US pileups also on 40m, but 80m and 160m was of summer
mood.

I tried to make as many I4s as I heard, despite they were of 1 point. I have 84
I4 QSOs in the log, 45 unique I4s, I46J and I49A on 4 bands were the top.

There were few minor technical issues with paddle keying of FT-1000, which made
me a bit nervous, because I wasn't able to find the reason and repair it. First
time i've had such a problem. But it's the base rule: solving an issue produce
another one, hi. Mr. Murphy forever alive!

Surprisingly high number of big signals, but not only of signal level, but also
of width. The leader one was one of the HQ stations. I counted main signal +
another 2 down + another 2 up. 5 signals in total... I checked it using RBN and
it confirmed this fact.

Thanks to all of you for nice activity, congrats to WRTC winners and also to OM
friends: OM3BH + OM3GI = 5th place!

Used equipments:
 Kenwood TS-590SG
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 microHAMs: MK2R+, 2x Station Master, doubleTEN, ARCO
 2x OM Power OM6BPF
 DXLog

Antennas:
 160m: Half Sloper