[3830] IARU W1WBB SOAB(A)CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W1WBB SOAB(A)CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 00:22:08 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SOAB(A)CW LP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   11             5        6
   40:   68            15       27
   20:  124            25       40
   15:  132            33       41
   10:   23            12        6
-------------------------------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

All S and P effort to work WRTC competitor stations and ITU Zones plus HQ mults.
 Initially was casual effort to work all WRTC I4#x prefixes, then started to
work all 58 WRTC competitor calls for the WRTC Sprint Award.  Got 'em all (!) at
the 6h 15m point, 4th fastest in North America using only a single mode (CW).
Fun using the very nice WRTC website to monitor my progress and help find the
various callsign QRGs.  Terrific ears from the WRTC teams!!

With great band conditions on 15m and eventually 20m into Eu and elsewhere I
began to mainly work any new Zones or HQ mults while still working available
WRTC teams.  Thunderstorm activity made working 40m (and 80m) DX tough so
numbers are down there...worked less than half the WRTC team calls on 40m, none
on 80m.

My best score ever in IARU HF; fun to reach 210 total mults! Great to
participate in a WRTC year -- excellent activity and 15m was the best band
overall for me (was working UA9/0 and UN Asia stations 'til after 0430z on 15m,
wow!).  And a definite first for me was working Zones 42 and 44 (9N7, BA5) along
with B8HQ in this event!  Great effort by the WRTC teams and all HQ stations as
well as rare zone activators (found 37 unique ITU zones).  TNX and 73!!

Bill  W1WBB

Icom IC-7300 at 100 watts output and MFJ-929 Auto Tuner; 5-band [10m-20m]
Hexbeam (hub at 32 ft), 88 ft doublet up ~40 ft on 40m, 80m dipole sloping from
~55 ft down to 30 ft at feed; occasional use of: 40m Delta Loop (vert polarized,
apex up ~50 ft; broadside SE/NW) plus 40m corner-fed Half Square (up 30 ft;
E/W). QTH: 115 ft A.S.L.
N1MM Plus Logger, WinKeyer USB CW interface, Vibroplex paddle.  LoTW, Club Log,
and QRZ.com

Contest: IARU
 Band     QSOs     Pts  ITU   HQ  Pt/Q
   3.5      11      21    5    6   1.9