[3830] IARU K7GK(@K6LRG) SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7gk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K7GK(@K6LRG) SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 05:28:04 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: K6LRG

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: zone 6
Operating Time (hrs): 10:46
Remote Operation

   40:   55            12      16
   20:  375            28      33
   15:  354            34      36
   10:   16             7       5
-------------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was envisioned (not to say planned) as a few-hour effort to work some of
the WRTC competitors and a few others just for fun. It started off with some
weird latency issues, which were ultimately cured by Windows update in the
middle of the contest. After that I was back to operating as normal. And boy,
did I get sucked into something, or what? The conditions here were nothing short
of spectacular on 15 and 20. I didn't pay much attention to the other bands,
since I wasn't interested in any kind of a result. Saturday evening, for quite a
while I forgot I was on the West Coast. At times it felt like I was back in
Holland running Europeans like they were next door. I don't remember the last
time I experienced something like this here in zone 6. Ended up with 106 Qs from
the WRTC competitors, quite a bit more than expected and pulled the plug when I
reached a round number of Qs around midnight local. The log was submitted a few
hours before the end of the contest, hopefully it was useful in adjudication.
Many thanks to Chris, N6WM, for letting me play