[3830] IARU WO1N SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU WO1N SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 02:26:00 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 20.25

  160:    0      0      0        0
   80:   55      0     10        6
   40:  145      0     17       31
   20:  242     45     25       40
   15:  165    115     38       24
   10:   30      1     11        7
-------------------------------------
Total:  637    161     87      122  Total Score = 570,998

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000, C3-SS@38', 40MDi@50', 80M-K2KQ, N1MM+

Good fun for a summertime operation. My goals were to operate
at least 20 hours and work as many of the WRTC stations that I
could.

Both goals met, with all 58 stations worked, 148 band/modes in
total (42nd in US) and 20.25 hours operating. Qs were made in 22
of the 24 hours.

15M was the money band until it wasn't. 20M came to life pretty
much when the sun went down. 20M was basically open all night
and signals could be heard on 15M a 3AM local, though I could
not work any.

The WRTC competitors seemed to be matched pretty well in signal
strength in total across the event. There was only one notable
exception in my logs, I43B was consistently not copyable. I
only worked them on 15M.

This was mostly S&P, 8 different runs of only 20-30Qs each.
I would sort the Qs and Mults window alphabetically
and then walk through all the event callsigns.

I was doing  this right to the end when with about 90
seconds left I noticed 4 more Qs would get me to 800Qs.
Scrambled like hell but one Q took 3 go arounds so it
was not to be.

On the other hand, this was my best effort ever from the home
station in this contest.

The WRTC operators truly are top of the heap consistently pulling
my call out first time.

Finally, the Organizing Committee needs an award for persevering
through Covid, Floods and the Humanitarian crisis still in motion
in Europe.

73,

Ken - WO1N