[3830] IARU WT2P SOAB(A)Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wt2p@cedrick.io
Subject: [3830] IARU WT2P SOAB(A)Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 21:49:29 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 21
OpMode: SO2R

  160:
   80:   38      4      8       5
   40:  233     38     20      31
   20:  232     87     27      35
   15:  157     2-     22      29
   10:   21      1      8       5
-------------------------------------
Total:  681    150    105      85  Total Score = 425,410

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Got a late start Saturday, missed the first 1.5 hours of the contest. Sat down
and it started off slow on 20 and 15. I had a panadapter on another screen to
watch for 10M to open.

Conditions Saturday morning from here were quite poor. Almost no Europe heard on
20 and 15, so it was working 1 and 3 pointers and chasing some of the louder HQ
stations. I stepped away for an hour towards the afternoon, hoping that we would
get at least a decent Europe opening and I was pleasantly surprised! Even
moreso, was finally being able to hear and work the I4 WRTC stations on both 20
and 15. Between chasing them and multipliers, both radios (slices) really
started getting a workout.

In the evening with 3 bands open, it was quite the choice to make as to where to
be, so I devoted my time to just mult hunting across all 3 bands. Clearing out
mults on CW, then SSB, rinse and repeat for the other bands, while occasionally
jumping on signals on 10M.

Best hour was 80 at 0000Z. It really seemed like conditions picked up from here
around 2200Z and lasted for a good few hours.

322 run qsos, 513 s&p. No idea how many of the WRTC stations, but I worked
quite a few of them on 20 and 15.

A couple friends of mine in the Black River Radio Ops had a informal
competition. I had originally set a goal of 1K qso's and to be honest, by mid
Saturday afternoon, I was resigned to the fact that I would get 500. It was W9
against W8 and W4, but through tenacity of hunting mults and keeping CQ's going
on a hot band, I was able to beat the BRRO fellows. You can send me Yuengling.

New personal best in this contest from *this* location with just wires (Endfed,
80/15/10 dipole, 40/20 dipole (into a diplexer with high power filters)).

Flex 6600, TGXL, PGXL. Nothing blew up and surprisingly everything worked
flawlessly this weekend.