[3830] IARU K7HKR SOABSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, azswdxing@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K7HKR SOABSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 22:15:38 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SOABSSB LP
QTH: AZ

   40:           7      3       3
   20:          67     16      20
   15:          37      9      16
   10:           5      2       3
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     116     30      42  Total Score = 25,056

2el each on 10/15/20 at 29ft/9m, 33ft vertical on 40, and 16ft vertical on 20
after disaster struck, IC-7300, 100W, from AZ

Tried to get all the masts/antennas up Friday evening, but had all sorts of
problems and wasn’t up and running until after 1am and didn’t get to bed
before the 5am start.  Slow start, although 15m opened up early.  Had to get
some sleep by that point, though.

During the nap the 20m fiberglass mast snapped where it slides into the aluminum
sleeve at the base.  Particularly frustrating because I knew I was pushing my
luck with this mast/antenna combination and was already planning on switching to
a lightweight wire beam.  Sleeping and dealing with that mess wiped out 5+ hours
and much of my motivation.

But, I ended up setting up the vertical for 20 and worked quite a few HQ
stations and others there and on 15.  Very little activity on 10, although I did
manage to work Australia.  40 didn’t amount to much either and I didn’t even
try 80.  Not having CW and being this far west, I didn’t expect to work any of
the WRTC stations, but I did clearly hear one of them at one point.  Worked
every continent and almost half of my QSOs were with Europe; Zone 28 was still
the epicenter of my contest even without the WRTC stations.