[3830] IARU W1NN SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W1NN SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 20:07:56 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: OHIO

   40:   20             7       8
   20:  323            24      28
   15:  204            25      33
   10:   32            11       5
-------------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

No assistance used. No Internet in the shack.

My 40M antenna is wounded.  It's caught in a tree and the SWR is high.  Since I
use it for 15 also, I figured it would be difficult to make a good score so I
didn't plan to operate full time.  Really bad QRN from thunderstorms also made
the low bands really tough and I focused on the high bands.  Conditions on 15
were good but a lot of stations couldn't hear me and others took many calls.
Oddly enough, nearly all of the I4 competitors could hear me on the first call.
Good ops and quiet locations?  20 was tough for the first 6-8 hours but in the
late afternoon I had some good runs with my dipole.

I count 55 I4 stations in the log.  I worked 35 of them twice, for a total of 90
contacts.  They were easy copy.  What a bunch of great ops!

73, Hal W1NN