[3830] IARU K1FOC(K1ESE) SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K1FOC(K1ESE) SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 18:30:56 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: K1FOC
Operator(s): K1ESE
Station: W1IMD

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Remote Operation

  160:     3            1        2
   80:    25            8       16
   40:   112           18       32
   20:   457           33       47
   15:   440           41       46
   10:    24           11       11
-------------------------------------
Total:  1061    0     112      154  Total Score = 1,095,654

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Paul W1IMD for the use of the great station. Thanks to Gary W1EBM for
the use of the Northern New England First Class CW Operators Club callsign.

A slow start and running were not doing the job so I spent more time than I had
planned doing S&P for multipliers or focused on high point count contacts.
That worked well.

I used the Contest Online scoreboard to see what was working.  That's a great
tool.

20 meters was poor on Saturday morning but 15 meters was great.  By evening 20
meters was back, too.  The main activity on 160, 80, and 10 was multiplier
hunting.

In the end, I doubled my best previous effort in the contest.  Maybe 20 hours in
the chair helped, too.