[3830] IARU NN4RB SOAB(A)SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU NN4RB SOAB(A)SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 17:00:40 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SOAB(A)SSB LP
QTH: FM07ii
Operating Time (hrs): 7:07

  160:   0       0      0       0
   80:   0       0      0       0
   40:   0      21      4      13
   20:   0      96     14      24
   15:   0      36     22      19
   10:   0       0      0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     153     29      56  Total Score = 40,545

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started in the "barn station" with the IC-7100 and vertical antenna.
Moved to the IC-7610 with the SteppIR 3E antenna, because the signals were so
bad.  Some improvement, but the bands were bad.  There came a thunder storm with
a lot of rain and the bands improved afterwards.  I wanted to worked mixed CW
& SSB, but never got around to the CW part.  This was the first time I had
worked a SSB contest in a while.  I kept having problems with coughing and
crackling voice, but I kept at it and had some fun.  I had a little over 7 hours
BIC time.  All QSOs were turkey style (hunt and peck).  No waiting on the dock
waiting for the fish to come to me.  The operators that I ran into were good and
smooth.  Only a few were rushing everything.  I suppose that is what kept my
tension level low.  I did get several reports of good or load signals.  That
with 100 watts - no QRP for me, at least on phone.

Rick
NN4RB

ICOM IC-7610
SteppIR 3E with 40m