[3830] IARU N5RZ SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb5aar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N5RZ SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 13:17:23 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 13:35
OpMode: SO2R

  160:     4    0       2        0
   80:    38    0       7        9
   40:   358    0      24       32
   20:   504    0      25       36
   15:   429    0      27       34
   10:    47    0      16       10
-------------------------------------
Total:  1380    0     101      121  Total Score = 1,054,599

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This is one of my favorite contests and was really looking forward to it.  Knew
I would miss a couple of hours or so Saturday morning due to a Homeownwer's
meeting, but planned to do the remaining time full bore.

The antenna rebuild is going slow after the ice storm earlier this year (the
second setback since the Feb 2021 ice storm), but had just gotten the 4 el 40 up
at 120' in late June, and Friday morning put up the driven element of a TH6DXX
fixed E/W at 50' so I could do 2 radios on 20/15/10M.

Didn't get much sleep the night before, so actually had to take a short nap Sat
afternoon.    Things were going well.  Condx and activity were very good.  The
WRTC guys had good signals on 40/20/15 and worked a lot of them.   About 0000Z,
I developed an excruciating earache in my right eardrum.  Static crashes were
loud on 160/80/40, and 20M seemed to be a bottomless pit so I kept on as long as
I could, but went QRT just before 0500Z to take some Aleve pain killers and rest
the eardrum a bit.   After 2 hours sleep, the ache was still there.   My
enthusiasm was shot, so just "unset" the alarm clock and slept in.
Rather disappointed.

Thanks to all for the QSO's and for your patience, especially on the low bands.

73,  Gator

FLEX 6600  Power Genius XL Amp
160M inverted vee @ 80'
80M inverted vee @ 70'
40M  JK404 Grande @ 120' and full size ground plane
20/15/10M  Tennedyne T11 Log @ 50' (rotary) and driven element of TH6DXX fixed
East/West at 50'
N1MM+ Logging Software    WC2L Packet Cluster