[3830] IARU KZ5D SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KZ5D SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 12:09:54 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Louisiana
Operating Time (hrs): 13:38
OpMode: SO2R

  160:     3            2       0
   80:    47           17      22
   40:   203           17      22
   20:   456           25      25
   15:   436           26      33
   10:    63           11      10
-------------------------------------
Total:  1208    0      89      96  Total Score = 768,860

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

This is always one of my favorite contests. Back in the good old days, I would
stick it out and operate the full 24 hours. These days, I'm content to get in at
least half time. Interesting propagation. At the start, almost no EU. By the
afternoon (1900z) things got a lot better. I was fighting sleep at 0400z, but
thought about checking 20. The band was loaded with loud signals from EU. On a
whim, I looked at 15. It was loaded with more load signals from EU. Thanks
goodness conditions improved. Didn't hear a peep from the WRTC gang until
mid-afternoon. Got a lot of them in the log then. I don't remember that
occurring since my Novice days back in 1957. Thanks to all for the fun time!