[3830] RAC Day WQ6X(@KN6NBT) Single Op Assisted QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] RAC Day WQ6X(@KN6NBT) Single Op Assisted QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 00:38:17 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2023

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: KN6NBT

Class: Single Op Assisted QRP
QTH: Ramona, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 08:14
Remote Operation

  160:    0      0       0         0
   80:    1      0       1         0
   40:   14      1       4         0
   20:   42     12       8         6
   15:   36      1       7         1
   10:    1      0       0         0
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:   94     14      20         7  Total Score = 17,766

This was WQ6X's 1st RAC GiG run as a QRP station from Ramona, Ca.
Except for putting in 3 OP-hours with HP-N7NR, this was an ad-HOC
attempt make a QRP operation as top-notch as can be had running QRP.

I ran the K3/0 remote to Ramona, running 5-watts to a 3-el Stepp-IR
for the high bands, a 2-el Shorty-40 and a coaxial dipole for 80-meters.
Speaking of 80, 80/75 was the biggest disappointment for this GiG, followed
by 10-meters.  20-meters was THE band, altho 15-meters had some possibilities.
>From my viewpoint, there was a DEARTH of Ssb operation this year.  Wassup with
that?  I managed to break a number of pileups, by using carefully-timed calls
to the run stations allowing me to slip into the silence - enough to be heard.

LooK for a writeup on this GiG at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com