[3830] RAC Day KH6AQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day KH6AQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 00:18:54 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2023

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PAHOA, HAWAII

  160:    0      0       0         0
   80:    0      0       0         0
   40:   30      0       4         0
   20:  161      0      10         0
   15:  155      0       9         0
   10:   13      0       2         0
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  359     25       0         0  Total Score = 41,250

This is my second RAC Canada Day contest and was another good one. A goal was to
exceed my 2022 score set with 600 watts while running 100 watts. 16 hours this
year vs. 11 hours last year made up the difference and then some. More BIC time
did the trick along with favorable propagation. Late night operating paid off
with 20 and 15 meters being hot to NA around 2-3 a.m. Make sure to do this next
year! This time I had no 80 meter antenna and that might have yielded a valuable
VE7 MULT. Next year...

It was fun operating at 100 watts and the amp dying in February (power XMFR
still on backorder) has been a blessing. Returning to my low power roots is a
good thing. Operating unassisted is great practice for MULT hunting.

In the late evening all bands slowed down so I tried to sleep. The liquid B12 I
took earlier in the day for extra energy made sleep unobtainable, although I did
rest. Oh well, I feel fine after the 'test and energized for the IARU 'test next
weekend. For me this has been a fine test of man and machine.

Thank you all for the QSOs and FB CW whether hand key, bug or machine. 73!

FTdx-10 at 100 watts
Hexbeam up 33'
40 meter ground plane using 2 elevated radials up 8'