[3830] ARRL FD NW8S 5A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD NW8S 5A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:00:12 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2023

Call: NW8S
Operator(s): KB8O NQ8O KM8V AB8M K8ROX KC8NZJ N8YNR WT2P NA8Y K4JKB
Station: NW8S

Class: 5A LP
QTH: Ohio

  160:
   80:   278           167
   40:   659   882     343
   20:   178    88     390
   15:    22            80
   10:     1            69
    6:                   7
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1138   970    1056  Total Score = 11,164

Club: Black River Radio Ops

Comments:

Claimed Score includes GOTA and bonus points.

Another field day is in the books!  K8ROX sat down again this year and ran on
40m phone for almost the entire 24 hours.  Out of towners CJ WT2P and Joe K4JKB
made the trek to Northeast Ohio to get on the air and make some Q's.  CJ showed
off his ability to do SO2R CW as folks went to sleep and transmitters went idle
during the late night hours.  Also new this year was NA8Y who wanted a FD where
he could get on the air and hopefully we delivered.  The upper bands were not
enjoyable and 40 had a lot of noise even if propagation was there - so we really
never got the chance to "spread out" the transmitters, which doesn't
help the noise situation.  As usual, we struggled on 20m phone (as we usually
do) but seemed to make up for it with digital contacts.

As every good army runs on its stomach, we also decided to throw a BBQ instead
of ordering pizzas like we have in past years:  Rib tips and bacon burnt ends
for lunch on Sat.  Dinner was the full monty: St. Louis style ribs, pulled pork,
spicy slaw, baked beans, and cornbread.  But not to worry, in addition to the
food we kept the usual compliment of cold 807s we've been known to have on hand
(and have heard some of you talking about on simplex out of the Akron, OH
area).

K9CT - if you read this, yes we're simply trying to bribe CJ via his stomach to
head to Ohio for more contests!

Thanks to everyone we got in the log, I hope your FDs were as enjoyable as ours
was.
73 de AB8M on behalf of the whole NW8S crew.