[3830] ARRL FD KJ5T 1B QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KJ5T 1B QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 04:23:25 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2023

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:    6
   10:    2
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  131     0       0  Total Score = 1,560

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Score includes 5X multiplier for QRP plus a few other bonus points.

I had booked a mini-cabin at Buescher State Park for what was supposed to be our
first family camping trip; however, my wife had to go out of town and so it
turned into a solo trip  In reality this meant a little more time for operating.
 Overall the cabin had a fantastic view from the operating table and I must say
I was spoiled by the A/C and there was plenty of room to hang some wires up.

>From a radio perspective, 10 and 15 disappointed me, I didn't hear much at all
when I swept those bands and the signals I did hear just weren't loud so I
focused on 20.  I kept going back to 20 even in the evening because 40 was super
noisy and stations just weren't hearing me.  20 was decent late into the
evening, like the old days working west coast until after midnight.

It's not a winning score, I took lots of breaks, spent a fair amount of time
walking the grounds of the park and just relaxing.  It was fun working many
familiar calls.  A great excuse to get out to a park, though I imagine future
years will be even lower scoring when the family is along for the ride.

73 de KJ5T