[3830] ARRL FD K4HQK 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K4HQK 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 20:21:40 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2023

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: 1D LP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

   15:    3
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  257     0       0  Total Score = 1,028

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Plenty of activity Saturday afternoon and evening. Sunday morning began fairly
busy but slowly diminished to virtually nothing by 1300 EDT.

Propagation on 20m and above was beset by pesky periods of QSB that were deep
and lengthy. Skip was short on 20m and also 40m, barely reaching into the 5th
and 0th call areas.

On 20m I worked California only once (SDG), Washington twice (WWA), Oregon, not
at all, nor did I hear any provinces west of VE3. No DX stations, either.

On 40m QSOs were limited to the central and eastern U.S.

Activity on 15m Sunday was light, but I gave it a try. That attempt froze my PC
because of high SWR, so that was that for 15m.

80m activity was moderate and proved useful for working up and down the East
Coast.

My participation was class 1D, CW only, S&P mode, 100w.

John K4HQK
Alexandria, Virginia
Station: IC-7410, dipoles, Cushcraft vertical.