[3830] TBDC VA1RST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC VA1RST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 12:36:48 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: VA1RST
Operator(s): VA1RST
Station: VA1RST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NS
Operating Time (hrs): 0:15

Total:  QSOs = 7  Total Score = 27

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I got into the shack at 0340 during a lull in the electrical storm raging around
us!
Managed to pull out 7 Q's  in 15 minutes with an eye on the lightning map.
Another wave descended and I pulled the plug and did a quick total station
disconnect.

Tried several times to work Guy, K2AV, for a 160 FCP to 160 FCP Q but it was not
to be. My amp was sidelined as in "not yet hooked up" to a new to me
late serial number K3S. I had hoped it to be my first diversity receive
capability contest on 160 but Mother Nature had other ideas!!  Better safe than
sorry. One fire ball of excess electrons down the SteppIR control lines a couple
of years ago was enough for me!

See you in the next one.

73, Roger VA1RST Halifax, NS