[3830] ARRL June VHF W9RM Single Op-Analog HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W9RM Single Op-Analog HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 14:34:48 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: W9RM
Operator(s): W9RM
Station: W9RM

Class: Single Op-Analog HP
QTH: DM58
Operating Time (hrs): 25
OpMode: SO2R

    6:  798   217
    2:    4     4
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  802   221  Total Score = 177,242

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

MIXED MODE SCORE: 991x277= 274,507

I don't care for contesting using FT8 so I decided to just submit my analog log.
 This is the first time I've seen activity on SSB during this contest in several
years and I'm pleased to be making Qs on a mode you can actually run rate on.
Relying on FT8 and it's 40-50/hr rate when everyone is 40-over is just dumb.

I was woefully unprepared, since I figured this would just be another digital
click-fest and I hadn't done any preparation - lousy chair, no food/drink in the
shack (my station is in a outbuilding), no coordination with locals, ect.  But
it worked out OK for a maybe 75% serious op.

If analog activity continues, maybe I'll continue as well...