[3830] ARRL June VHF AJ6T Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aj6t@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF AJ6T Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 20:24:20 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  141    91  Total Score = 14,105

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

My grandiose plans for a big station improvement in time for this contest did
not bear much fruit.  I rearranged my equipment to use three computers and two
SO2R setups, but after rerouting all the cables and interfaces the 50 MHz WSJT-X
instance did not decode at all.  The newly installed Yagis close to the house
picked up a horrendous amount of RFI, so I had to use a 6m wire antenna further
away.  The only part that worked as expected was the installation of a triband
vertical intended to net a few FM QSOs.  The K3s with KPA1500 played well on 6
meters, but a directional antenna would have helped a lot.  I'm working on VUCC
for 222 MHz and I did pickup a new grid on that band.

Contest: ARRLVHFJUN
 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd  Pt/Q
    50  CW      17      17   10   1.0
    50  USB     98      98   61   1.0