[3830] ARRL June VHF WB1GQR(W1SJ) Single Op-All Modes LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WB1GQR(W1SJ) Single Op-All Modes LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 15:39:37 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: WB1GQR
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: WB1GQR

Class: Single Op-All Modes LP
QTH: FN33

    6:  246    57
    2:  149    20
  222:   37    15
  432:   44    14
  903:   12     9
  1.2:   21    11
  2.3:    5     4
  3.4:    5     4
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  519   134  Total Score = 93,264

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

Fun at times, disappointing at other times. The openings on six meters were like
teases. Enough popped in to make it interesting, but no big runs. Much of the
time, the band was devoid of anything as everyone was over on FT8. And the BIG
problem with staying on FT8 a lot is that we give up passing to other bands. The
result was that results on 144, 222 and 432 were quite poor. However, conditions
on the microwave bands were better than what one would see in June. The on and
off rain on Saturday didn't seem to bother the rate. Besides the weather, I had
a lot of minor equipment problems which had to be dealt with. I have a long list
of things to fix for next time. Probably the most disappointing issue was seeing
a lot of guys working stations out West and I couldn't get a copy on them at all
on FT8, except for one guy in WA. Over the years, I have heard stories about
stations on the mountains not getting good skip results. Perhaps I need to put
an auxiliary 6 meter antenna down in the valley?