[3830] ARRL June VHF W5PR Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W5PR Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 15:16:40 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: W5PR
Operator(s): W5PR
Station: W5PR

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs):

    6: 1216   239
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1216   239  Total Score = 290,624

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I worked on my 2 meter setup right up to the start f the contest, but the
problem would have required climbing up  to 75 feet and then up another 10 feet
on the mast. Not sure what I would have found, but it would not have been worth
it to fix a vertical for about 35 more contacts.
I tried to stay on phone as much as possible. Worked a few CW, but phone kept me
busy most of the time. I kept telling myself that I would rather be slow on
phone than slow on FT8.
Only DX was an EI and a G that I remember.
Big mistake: I shut down at about 0330 the first night and then discovered the 6
meter band was wide open about an hour and a half later! I jumped back in and
worked stations until 0634. Band was open when I got back on at 1141 the next
morning.
Thanks for the Qs, it was great fun!

        Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd  Pt/Q
          50  CW       3       3    1   1.0