[3830] ARRL June VHF N0URW Single Op-Analog HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N0URW Single Op-Analog HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:14:40 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: N0URW
Operator(s): N0URW
Station: N0URW

Class: Single Op-Analog HP
QTH: EN41

    6:  313   130
    2:   23    14
  222:   14    11
  432:   14    11
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  392   166  Total Score = 65,072

Well this was a lot of fun. I ran in the analog section. It was great to talk to
others I hadn't heard for so long.  Can't do that on FT8 !!!
  Shout out to AJ6T for ssb long distance contact on 2 meters. TNX !!!
 Shout out to the rovers. It's not everyday I get to work rovers in
California/Colorado/Texas/ New York in more than one grid. TNX !!!
  The 6 meter band was open most of this test both days from my qth!
  Records could of been broken if there was no FT8 to use and everyone was on
ssb or cw.
  Thanks to some really, really smart people, Adding analog section back to this
test. It brought the fun back to contesting for me!!!
  When California/Oregon/Washington stations are answering my ssb call and I'm
on my square halo at 30 feet.
  You know we are having some great 6 meter band conditions. My log shows all
directions were coming in all at the same time.
  Glad I had my halo up. Sometimes it was too much and I had to switch to my
yagi to cut out some of the over crowding.
   Most of Saturday was steady contacts. It seemed like almost every contact was
a different grid.
  What I found really strange was, I was hearing/working stations in all
directions.
  Yet when I called cq, others would say, I'm the only signal on the band. So
spot light conditions ! My best hour on Saturday was 28 Q's an hour.
  Sunday was a different story. Most of the morning I was busy, When I did make
it on in the afternoon. It was the same as Saturday.
  15 to 20 Q's an hour until around 7 PM. Then the flood gates opened !!! I had
one hour I hit over 100 q's. Then it slowed back down to 15 to 20.
   Maybe everyone's energy drink had kicked in :) Just really wish more had
switched over to ssb mode for this one.
  Spent almost the entire time on 6 meters. The last two hours I switched to the
other bands to complete contacts with other locals.
  I operated 12 hours on Saturday and 6 hours on Sunday.

  Now for the Bad Stuff !!! Don't come on my calling frequency and try to take
it over. Then when I don't leave you play funny noises.
  Playing funny noises or tuning up on the same frequency I'm calling cq on to
block my signal is child's play! Grow up !!!
  I'm being told by others someone was trying to disrupt my calling cq.
Sometimes it was a noise maker. Sometimes it was a tune up tone.
  Please stop it. I'm here to have fun. Stop being a jerk.

  My set up:
    6 meters:
    Radio: Icom 7300
    Amplifier: W6PQL HF2000 1500 watt
    Antenna: Square Halo at 30 feet, 5 element homebrew yagi at 60 feet.

   2 meters:
   Radio: Icom 7300
   Transverter: Q5 75 watt model.
   Amplifier: W6PQL 1500 watt.
   Antenna:  18xxx at 67 feet.

   222 MHz:
   Radio: Icom 7300
   Transverter: Downeast Microwave 75 watt model.
   Amplifier: W6PQL 1 kw.
   Antenna: 15 element home brew at 30 feet.

   432 MHz:
   Radio: Icom 9100
   Amplifier: W6PQL  1 kw.
   Antenna: 22 element home brew at 35 feet

 I will be back on for the July CQ VHF contest !
  Until we meet again, 73 Dan in Iowa  EN41